You are only in a hurry till you get to the front of the queue

Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Techmoan - Techmoan - The Mobius Camera - The do-it-all mount-anywhere 1080p Micro Cam

Techmoan - Techmoan - The Mobius Camera - The do-it-all mount-anywhere 1080p Micro Cam:



'via Blog this' - Need a dashcam? This site is awesome!







The Mobius Camera - The do-it-all mount-anywhere 1080p Micro Cam

Here's my review of the Mobius Camera. This camera has been in development for some time and clearly the manufacturer has listened to user feedback from the buyers of the #16 808 cameras and incorporated many of their requested features into this model.
There isn't too much to add here - this is a pretty comprehensive video that covers most features of the camera. I suppose the only thing I didn't go into was the webcam function. I'm not interested in this myself since all my laptops have had a built in webcam since 2009, but a webcam function can come in useful if you need to refocus the lens and view live video on your PC screen at the same time. As I mentioned at the beginning of the video the manufacturer included a tool to enable you to refocus the (unglued) lens. I know of people who use the keyring cameras mounted on their model trains who will find this very useful.
I also never tried the time-lapse function, which automatically takes photos at your specified interval. You can see these options on screen during the configuration section of the review.
The only negatives I can think of are the narrow FOV in the 720p60 mode (720p30 has the same FOV as 1080p30) and a lack of water resistance, although there may well be accessories released in the future that address the latter issue.
Due to the constant revisions the manufacturer makes to the camera, the features I have shown here could be updated in the future, but even if there are no more changes, I'm very happy wth the camera as it stands today. It never gave me a moment of trouble during the weeks I was testing it. Never once locking up or shutting down on it's own, so for me this has been a totally reliable little camera.
I'm trying to guess what crazy questions I'll get asked, so I can answer them first.
So...
Motion detection? - Latest Firmware has this option (Info added Jan 2014)
Looped/Recycled Video? YES
Can this be switched off? YES
What is looped/recycled video? - See My Beginners Guide To Car Cams Video HERE
Can the Timestamp be turned off? YES
If you have any more questions, you should get all the answers you need from the links below.

To BUY ONE from Eletoponline CLICK HERE (US LINK)


(Current Price at time of Publishing $68.99 for the basic set (£46.33)


The Windows Configuration Software and Manual can be downloaded by CLICKING HERE
(Wait a few seconds for the samples link to load)
Chuck Lohr's detailed Mobius Page is here
RC Groups.com Forum pages about the Mobius are here
The Downloadable Instructions and configuration software are available from here
I know people are going to ask me whether they should get this or an SJ1000, but they are very different cameras. You'll need to decide yourself what features are important to you. The LCD Screen, Waterproof Case, Ultra Wide angle lens of the SJ1000 or the true 720p60, reduced-fisheye lens and easy mounting options of the Mobius.
DIMENSIONS - Just thought I should add this info.
The Mobius is 6cm front to back, 3.5cm wide and 1.7cm thick.
UPDATE - Online GUI Configuration Update. A nice chap called Lacopo has been in touch. He has created a website to make updating the settings easier. This is especially handy for users who are unable to use the Windows based GUI software. The website is MobiusGUI.COM

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your opinion is important and of value and we appreciate the positive feedback! If you are "Negative Nancy" then please do us, and humanity, a favor and piss off.

Total Pageviews

Google+ Followers

Interesting pages

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Recent Comments

Rays Twitter feed

Ads

Web sites come and go and information is lost and therefore some pages are archived. @rayd123 . Powered by Blogger.